Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good Things...


I just love it when things come together, even if they take awhile to get there!  Two years ago I purchased a lampshade at the Salvation Army for $1.99.  The plan has always been that it would be placed in my Sewing Room... once I had paired it with a lamp base.

Today, Scott and I popped into Value Village before heading home and I spotted a brown/black lamp base for $7.99.  I found a socket, apprehended a bulb and voila... it worked!  Still thinking that it was meant to grace my Sewing Room, I was delighted when I realized how well it worked in the Entry Hall.  I have been wanting a lamp here for years, but all the lamps that I have seen were much to ornate or too modern and all cost $50 and over... yet, today I have one, and for under $10!  Simple, clean, elegant, yet welcoming and homey.  Just the right fit.

Next on the list... patiently waiting until my husband places an electrical socket in the Entry Hall that the 'new' lamp can be plugged into!  Sigh... good things do come to those who wait... they do... they do... they do...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails